At CBEC citizenship is included across the whole school day, within each subject lesson and at unstructured times. The school aims to encourage pupils and develop them to be good citizens in and outside school.
Citizenship is also included as a timetabled subject where the pupils learn
- Year7 -Making a start-looking at what citizenship is and how everyone may be different.
- Year8-Making laws, rules and staying safe.
- Year9- Diverse world-How we live in a world and community with different people traditions and cultures
- Year 10- Conflict in the world- a look at how conflict is started results of conflict and howwe can avoid conflicts.
- Year 11-Moving on-looking at the world when they leave school what kind of a citizen are they going to be how will they contribute to society.